Trader in France: What visa do I need to practice my activity?

Being a trader in France

If you’re a foreigner who wants to work in France, there are a couple of obligations you must fulfill. In particular, you need to get the correct visa.

Basically, if you want to have a commercial, industrial, or artisanal activity, it’s mandatory that you get a “Trader” long-stay visa before going to France. To do this, you can either head to the French embassy or the French consulate of your home country.
That’s not all, however; you also need a temporary residence card allowing you to practice your activity.

Thankfully though, this only applies if you’re not in the European Economic Area.

More details on how to get a temporary residence card here.