- August 22, 2019
- Posted by: Editorial
- Category: Transformation
Changing the manager of you French business
There are many circumstances during which you could want to change the manager of an SARL. It could be because his term has come to an end, because the previous manager was sanctioned, because they quit… But what’s the procedure to change managers in France?
The paperwork you need to do
First of all, you need to organize an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM), so that shareholders can vote for the next manager.
Then, you need to publish a notice in a Legal Announcement Journal, so that third parties know of this change.
Finally, depending on what’s written in your by-laws, you might also have to modify them to account for this change. In this case, here’s how to modify the by-laws of a company!
The documents you need to give to the Commercial Court
After an EGM:
- A transcript of the Meeting
- A copy of the new by-laws certified by the previous manager
- The M3 form filled in (it can be found on the internet)
- A copy of the notice published in the Journal
The new manager also needs to give:
- A statement certifying that no criminal convictions are held and an affiliation certificate
- A copy of an official identification document (passport, ID card, …)
The cost of changing managers
As of the time of writing this article, the procedure costs about 200€, with an additional 200€ to 300€ to publish a notice in a Legal Announcement Journal.
If you want to enlist the help of a professional, you’ll probably have to pay an additional 500€.